Saturday, July 26, 2008

Finally a face on the sketch (pencil drawing)


After numerous sketches without face, yesterday I dared to draw one with the face. Is it good? I don't think so (may be I will give it 5 out of 10). But it gives me satisfaction to have moved forward. For me progress is important. I am not (yet?) an artist, so you will not find great drawings or paintings here. What I am documenting is the learning process. To see after one year whether the line strokes have become more confident, proportions have improved, perspective is correct, light and shadows are depicted properly and so on. We always see the end result of learning but what about the process? How did the present artists practise their craft? I do not know. This is why I feel documenting the learning is important. Each person has his/her own style of drawing/painting. Some day I will develop something of my own also. It will be interesting then to see whether one can figure out how my style got developed based on these posts. End of the day, the style will be determined by my likes, dislikes, strengths and weaknesses. This journey will tell me whether the way I learnt had an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment