Friday, August 1, 2008

Portraits (Pencil drawing)




In my college days I used to draw portraits based on photographs. Nowadays I am trying to draw portraits with my wife or daughter as models. I am finding the going pretty tough but haven't given up yet. I hope to make something worth posting here by end of this week. In the meanwhile, I am posting here 2 portraits made by me 20 years ago. That of Ms. Thatcher is based on a photograph in Readers' Digest and the one of JFK is based on the cover of SPAN if I remember right. I am also posting a recent one of my daughter, made in 2004, again based on a photograph. Keep checking this space for some new ones.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ajay,

    I can see that the corporate world has stolen the art scene of a good artist.

    Nice jobs, keep 'em coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sketch of your daugher looks much better than the 9 year old one. I think you made it too quickly. This one is cute :)

    ReplyDelete