Thursday, December 18, 2008

Experimenting with colours (Water-colour)


Yesterday, I was trying a landscape. After 3 failed attempts, at 11:45 pm, I decided to do a quick still life. Inspired by many paintings of shoes, especially by everyday painters, I thought of painting my chappals which are very "Indian". Halfway I realized that I had put them on an off-white wall in white light and there was almost zero contrast. So suddenly I decided to use dark background either grey or violet or dark green. The end result was quite interesting! After 3 failures, this was enough reason for me to sleep peacefully.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ajay for appreciating my paintings.Like you,I'm also a big fan of Milindji.His books were so inspiring.Hope to meet him when I come to Pune.Your painting is nice.You have proved that failure is the stepping stone to success.Happy Painting!

    ReplyDelete