Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tiergarten Berlin (Water colour)




I have a special relationship with Berlin where I have stayed for one full year as a student. So when I saw a photograph from the Tier Garten, I felt like giving it a try. The colours were so beautiful! Once again the painting has only shapes, colours and tones, no details. Why not? Because I keep the photograph at least 6 ft away from me and paint. And I keep checking my paintings from a distance only. However I am just not able to show the impact on this blog. Too bad! For best results, try looking at your monitor from some distance. Alternatively visit my blog 5 years from now. By then I hope my paintings willl look good in close up also!
Adding original photograph for reference. It's a beautiful picture.

1 comment:

  1. it seems to have come together very nicely. good work keep it up

    ReplyDelete