Friday, October 23, 2009

Painting without details







Many of my paintings get spoiled when I try to add every detail on the photograph. So yesterday I decided to do some rapid paintings without bothering about details. So I was just painting fast, without waiting for the colours to dry. Idea was only to add colours, shadows (or tones) in the shapes drawn broadly. I managed to finished 4 paintings in around 2 and half hours. I enjoyed it a lot! The process of painting is always more enjoyable to me than the end result which is more like an accident - sometimes good, sometimes disastrous!

2 comments:

  1. These are great! Sometimes, the details are too distracting. These are perfect in that you didn't meticulously paint bricks or something haha! Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked these paintings, can not belive that you finish 4 of them in 2.5 hour.

    ReplyDelete